Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Roving Rovex

With my son's 10th birthday looming last week, I had to get myself into "responsible father mode" so without hesitation I beat a path to the local tackle shop. He's only started fishing this year I originally set him up with a cheap and cheerful junior kit (a seven foot telescopic), line, reel, a few lures and sundries. He's done really well and appears more than keen, in fact he loves it. Looks like I've just found a new fishing partner.


I figured he needed something with a little more "poke" as it were! as he's been wanting to throw some heavier lures for a while now. I also felt he needed some extra rod length , the riverbank can be quite high in places, getting the lure out of the margin and over the bank can prove quite difficult for a short lad with a short rod. I settled on a Rovex Lure Pro 9 footer its got a very light carbon blank, ceramic guides and it can  throw 25-50gms lures effortlessly. All this for €25, I was quids in! If the truth be known I wish I'd bought it for myself  but I did notice they also do a 10ft version which will throw up to 60gms. Food for thought there.


A few new lures in the box and this boy is ready to take on the autumn pike in another after school riverbank adventure. 


We went lure fishing for a few hours late Sunday afternoon to wet the new rod, we fished till dusk but the pike did not entertain, we both blanked. Such is life HAPPY BIRTHDAY old boy'

No comments:

Post a Comment